What Personal Information About Customers Does Building Block Labs Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us to provide services to you, improve our services, and communicate with you. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We require that you provide us with your full legal name and a valid e-mail address when you open an account to use our services (an “Account”). We also receive and store any information you enter in our Site when using our services, and use it in order to provide our services to you. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of our services. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, providing our services to you, tracking the status of your Account, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: Like many Web sites, we may use "cookies," to obtain certain types of information when you access our Site or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Building Block Labs on other Web sites. For other examples of information we collect automatically, click
- Email Communications: We often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Building Block Labs if your computer supports such capabilities.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide you with personalized services or advertisements, and storage of items identified with your Account between visits.
Does Building Block Labs Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Building Block Labs, LLC, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Building Block Labs and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our
and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Building Block Labs, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. This does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: When you use certain of our services, we may provide you authenticating information (like a user name or password) that will provide anyone who has the information with access to content that you have made available through our Site. When you allow other persons to obtain the authenticating information we have provided to you, you consent to allow those persons to view the content you have made available on our Site, and we presume those persons have your consent to do so. Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by by using encryption technologies to encrypt information you input.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites from time to time. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
Network Advertising Initiative
offers useful information about Internet advertising companies (also called "ad networks" or "network advertisers"), including information about how to opt-out of their information collection.
Which Information Can I Access?
Building Block Labs gives you access to the information about your Account for the limited purpose of viewing and updating that information. You can also access and work with the information which you upload to our Web site in order to use our services, such as text, graphics, and audio files. Your use of and access to your content is governed by our
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to use our services.
- You can add or update the information under your Account. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. (If you do not want to receive
and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of our Web site and our services, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Are Children Allowed to Use Building Block Labs?
Building Block Labs does not offer our services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Building Block Labs only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Does Building Block Labs Participate in the Safe Harbor Program?
Building Block Labs is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles agreed upon by the U.S. and the E.U. For more information about the Safe Harbor and to view our certification, visit the
U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor
web site. If you would like to contact Building Block Labs directly about the Safe Harbor program, please send an e-mail to
If you choose to visit
, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our
, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at
with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business will change and develop over time, and our Privacy Notice and the
will change also. You should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.